Red Peak Resources is a geoscience consultancy dedicated to exploration and development of crude oil, natural gases and mineral resources. Our company takes an integrated approach to problem solving, bringing together petrophysics, geophysics, petrography, subsurface correlations, structural , sequence stratigraphic analysis, outcrop, core, at regional to reservoir scales, to construct integrated, internally consistent interpretations.
We believe successful discovery and development of petroleum and mineral deposits require the mastery of science, art, and business. The systematic process of research, data collection, integration and analysis is our pathway to success.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Creative visualization anchored in science and technology.
- Passionate about exploration and discovery.
- Integrity through fairness, honesty, and fidelity.
- Dedication to principles of scientific inquiry.
- Collaboration with engineers, geophysists, landmen, and legal counsel.
We have a passion
for being innovative explorers.
Based in the city of Casper, Wyoming, we are passionate, innovative explorers dedicated to helping our clients and partners be successful in the discovery, development and production of petroleum and mineral reserves.
TIMOTHY J. MCCUTCHEON
President — Member
Tim McCutcheon has 36 years of experience as an exploration and development geologist. The principle geographic areas of his experience are the Rocky Mountain Region, Basin & Range, and northern Great Plains of the United States, onshore North Africa, and the central Asian Republic of Kazakhstan. Prior to forming Red Peak Resources, Tim served as President — Chief Geologist for Western Interior Oil & Gas Corporation from 2005 to 2014. From 1995 to 2005 he was owner of McCutcheon Energy Company, a geological consultancy that provided services to clients throughout the western United States and internationally. From 1993 to 1995 he served as a Senior Staff Geologist for Barlow & Haun Geologists, Inc. Tim joined Marathon Oil Company in 1981, holding various assignments in the western United States as an exploration geologist. In 1989 he accepted a transfer to Senior Geologist, International New Ventures, where he served until leaving Marathon in 1993.
Tim has a Bachelor of Science in geology from the University of Minnesota, Duluth and Masters of Science in geology from the University of Texas, El Paso. He is a Registered Professional Geologist (WYPG-919), Geological Society of America Fellow, member of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists and Society of Economic Geologists. Tim is a member and past President of the Wyoming Geological Association. From 1996 to 2005 he served as a member of the Potential Gas Committee, Colorado School of Mines.
KAREN SUE MCCUTCHEON
Vice President — member
Karen Sue McCutcheon is a certified geographic information systems (GIS) specialist performing GPS data gathering and data reduction, computer-aided geo-reference and geospatial data analysis, using integration of satellite imagery, aerial photography, and other data to build databases, construct maps, exhibits, and diagrams. As an FAA Part 107 certified remote pilot, she flies drones for work and pleasure. She is also an adjunct instructor for earth science at Casper College. Prior to forming Red Peak, Karen Sue served in various professional capacities with Natrona County School District No. 1 from 1979 to 2011. As an award-winning educator, her experiences included being an instructional facilitator, technology TOSA, mentor and teacher. In addition, from 2002 until 2012, she served as a national/international facilitator for post-graduate web-based education courses offered through the U.S. Public Broadcasting System (PBS).
Karen Sue has a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education from Kearney State College, Nebraska, Masters of Education from Colorado State University, Colorado, and is a National Board Certified Teacher. She obtained her GIS Certification from Casper College in 2012 and has completed additional training and education through ERSI, Stanford University, and LMKR GeoGraphix. Karen Sue is a member of WyGEO and from 2013-2014 served as the GIS representative on the Wyoming Geographic Alliance Steering Committee.
anchored in science and technology.
Our company endeavors to accurately visualize, delineate, and characterize subsurface deposits, quantify reserves, assess project risks and predict economic outcomes.
Dedication to principles of scientific inquiry.
- GeoGraphix® Discovery™ Suite (2014.2.2)
- Geomap GIS mapping and geospatial data management, integrated with ERSI ArcMap
- Wellbase data management and query
- Prizm petrophysics for determination of rock properties and fluid characterization
- Cross-section and Stratsection for subsurface well correlation and stratigraphic analysis
- Seisvision 2D and 3D seismic data interpretation and mapping
- LMKR Well Planner – 3D horizontal and vertical well visualization and mapping.
- Zeiss Axio Scope.A1 Polarized Light Mineral Microscope with Zen 2 Core Software
- ERSI ArcGIS mapping software.
- Neuralog – automated well log digitizing software
- All Topo Maps: Wyoming
- PHDWin – project economics modeling software for reserve and prospect evaluation
- Geological files – historical records, studies, dating from 1916 to present,
- Historical well data and logs – 189,00 wells,
- Digital well log database – over 26,000 wells.